Employers must abide by specific state and federal regulations when paying employees for their work. Employees who are not paid properly may seek legal redress in individual or class action claims against their employers. If your employer did not pay you the amount you are entitled to for straight or overtime wages, or if you were not paid minimum wage, it is advisable to obtain the legal counsel of an experienced and knowledgeable wage and hour employment attorney. The Law Firm of Fernandez & Lauby LLP offers a complimentary consultation to assess your specific wage and hour case. To schedule your appointment, call us at 888-959-8508.
California and Federal Wage and Hour Laws:
The California Labor Code and the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act govern wage and hour rules. In the majority of instances, similar violations repeatedly occur:
- Unpaid wages - wages are unpaid or incorrectly calculated
- Unpaid overtime - overtime is not paid due to miscalculation or other issues
- Minimum wage violations - minimum wage requirements are not met
Mistakes in the calculation of wages, overtime and minimum wage amounts are often easily corrected. At Fernandez & Lauby, we are often able to resolve these issues outside of court.
Other Common Wage and Hour Issues:
Other issues that commonly arise pertain to the status of exempt and nonexempt employees:
- Exempt employees are generally higher paid professionals, such as architects, lawyers and engineers
- Nonexempt employees tend to work in activities that are labor intensive, such as an assembly-line worker
- Whether or not the employee is exempt from overtime compensation
- Day to day issues, such as meal breaks, breaks per hours worked, payment for work preparation, properly providing additional meal breaks for shifts of longer duration, pay stub accuracy, and more
Complimentary Case Evaluation with Riverside/San Bernardino Wage and Hour Employment Attorney:
In cases of wage and hour disputes, highly complex issues are often addressed. The California Labor Code and the Federal Labor Standards Act are both subject to interpretation as applied to the circumstances and facts at hand. For more than 15 years, Fernandez & Lauby has been helping Californians with complex wage and hour issues. We offer a complimentary case review to assess your situation and to discuss viable options that may be available to you. There are no fees in contingency cases unless we favorably resolve the case by settlement, court award, judgment or mediation/arbitration. To schedule your free appointment with Fernandez & Lauby, call us at 888-959-8508.